Monday, August 16, 2010

Berry Soltani, World Traveler

It kind of makes me sad that the blog posts of my Greek adventures are coming to an end. I kind of got to avoid this feeling when I was in Greece because my trip would continue onto Spain, Italy, and England. But now I really feel like this is the end of this chapter in my life. I just want to say that I'm really am grateful for every moment I spent with the family I like to call the people I went with on this trip (well, maybe every moment except for the one where I broke my camera lol).

From the first moment we landed in the beautiful country called Hellas, to the last moments before leaving for Spain, I couldn't help but keep reminding myself, "I'M IN FRICKING GREECE!" There were several moments captured by my camera that I wasn't able to include in a logical manner into my other posts, so I'm going to take this opportunity to post them (in a completely random fashion lol):
Katie celebrated her 21st birthday on our trip,
so we celebrated the right way!!!
Belting the lyrics to "Don't Stop Believin"
at a karaoke bar for Katie's birthday :)
Some the girls and I striking a pose at the archaeological site at Eleusis
Overnight ferry roomies! In our TINY room
*note the mixed emotions lol*
I'm running... to Marathon... lol get it?!
Reenacting the Battle of Marathon:
Danielle, who is 100% Greek
vs.
Me, 100% Persian

... And just as history tells it, the Greeks won.
LAME. lol jk!
Catherine with Yanis, the bus driver
who we all will remember for greeting us by saying
KALIMARI!
every morning instead of "Kali Mera" (Good Morning in Greek)

Snorkeling in Santorini :)

THE UNHOLY TRINITY
In the name of saving ourselves from the horrible Arkansasians,
we shall forever be known as
#3 (me), #1 (Dan), and #2 (Danielle)
Aww, just one of many examples of Maurice
being completely smashed :) created so many hilarious memories!
GROCERY BAGGGGG
mmmmmFANTAAA
this tastes SO much better than Fanta in the States!
After one of Joe's pep talks on our overnight ferries :)
EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS IN!
Joe reading from Herodotus at a playground on the beach
(and kristine and I taking advantage of that)
We had quite the array of "classroom" settings :) :) :)
The UHPSS execs at an Olympic site
Diana, VP;   Myself, President;   Kelly, Treasurer
"pointless vandalism"
my favorite graffiti of the trip (and there was A LOT to choose from)
Various reactions to Loretta almost missing the ferry to Santorini
Kristine being attacked by little Greek boys with water guns in Arahova
Sam, Kristine, Robyn, Kimi, and Alexis
showing their game faces before a Greece World Cup match!
I love you Greece, but your soccer team SUCKS.
Kimi and I have a random, awkward connection...
Her boyfriend used to date my old roommate.
Being the awesomely awkward people we are, we decided to
reenact one of their old pictures and tag them in it on Facebook.
They did not appreciate it. lol.
The picture we were reenacting hahaha
CUTEST KITTIES EVER
In pottery at our hotel in Nafplion
Sunset in Glyfada
Arguably the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen
It's only rival is the sunset at Stonehenge in Salisbury, England
Group picture with Roula Skoula with Arahova in the background
There are tons more pictures from Greece, and plenty more from Spain, Italy, and England, but these are some of my favorites, and the ones I'd want to see most if I ever forgot my Facebook password lol. I'd like to thank all those on those on this trip who helped make these three weeks so memorable for me. I love our dysfunctional family! xoxoxo

Efkharisto (Thank you!) for following me along for my random stories of this amazing journey! There's a chance I might write about the rest of my trip, but for now, I say...

ADIO FILOS!
(goodbye friends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment