Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hello Hellas!

On May 25, 2010, I embarked on a journey that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Upon arriving at Athens Airport in Greece, a group of 8 other students and I took the Metro to Astor Hotel in Athens (our new home for the time being), quickly freshened up, and went on our first adventure through the city. The first place we went to was Syntagma Square, where we watched some protestors!


After, we found a nice cafe to go into so we could have our first authentic Greek lunch and escape from the heat for a while. Then we continued our journey through the city, allowing ourselves to get lost in beauty of the city. I was so excited when we had our first siting of THE ACROPOLIS!
There it was, off in the distance, hidden behind tall buildings and other signs of modern Athenian life. At this moment, we made it our goal to make it there that day... This is as close as we could get LOL:
Even though, for the most part, the 9 of us (Kristine, Dan, Maurice, Katie, Robyn, Alexis, Liz, Kimi, and myself) didn't really know each other, we already started to feel like good friends! It's amazing how people bond so quickly in situations like ours. Dan the MAN even felt comfortable enough to allow us to do this to him!
Once the rest of our study abroad group arrived in Athens, we all made our way through Plaka, the prime shopping area for souvenirs, to a quaint little restaurant, where we would share our first meal. To put things simply, IT WAS DELICIOUSSSS. After we all stuffed ourselves, we took the first group picture of the trip :)
JUST A NOTE: After this post, rather than going through the trip in chronological order, I will go through different aspects of the trip that helped make these three weeks of my life so memorable. This is how things are seen from my perspective, so I've decided this is the best way to approach this whole "blog" thingy :) If this bothers you, I suggest you take the advice of my good friend and fellow lover of Greece, Brandon Braun- "Shut up and read!" :P

Just kidding... kinda. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment